World Breastfeeding Week
Milk matters for babies, for mothers, for families, and for global health and sustainability. World Breastfeeding Week is our chance to re-commit to wellness.
This campaign is a project of the World Alliance for Breastfeeding, which is “a global network of individuals & organisations concerned with the protection, promotion & support of breastfeeding worldwide.” Local advocates plan their own events then pledging funds from their local events to support breastfeeding worldwide.
Overall, World Breastfeeding Week goals are:
- To provide information about Millennium Development Goals and how they relate to breastfeeding.
- To showcase progress so far.
- To call attention to stepping up actions after 2015 (the goal date for Millennium Development Goals).
- To stimulate interest among young women and men in the relevance of breastfeeding in today’s world.
(Goals are listed on WorldBreastfeedingWeek.org.)
At bynature.ca, we are pleased to support breastfeeding mothers in our own community with a monthly support group: Milk Matters.
Registration is not required, and there is no cost associated with this group.
Moms need all the help and support they can get. If you’re a breastfeeding mother looking for a like-minded support system, we’re thrilled to announce a new weekly Breastfeeding Café being hosted in the Parenting By Nature Wellness Lounge (above our storefront in Orillia, Ontario). Join other nursing moms in our community for a morning of conversation and support.
Pregnant women welcome and encouraged!
Whether you’re pregnant and just thinking about breastfeeding, currently nurturing an early breastfeeding relationship with a newborn, a pumping mom, or looking for a supporting group that understands the joys and challenges of nursing a toddler, this is the group for you.
- DATE & TIME: Begins September 2014. A monthly support group meeting Wednesday mornings from 10:00am -11:00am
- REGISTRATION: This is a complimentary program hosted by Parenting By Nature. Registration is not required.
- TOPIC: Each week we will be discussing a different topic, depending on the needs of the group.
- NOTE: In order to ensure moms are comfortable, this is a women-only support group. Men are welcome to wait in the lounge within the storefront. Thanks for your understanding!
Milk Matters is a local support group for breastfeeding women. The Café is facilitated by a trained Lactation Educator, Doula, or La Leche League Leader.
We provide mom-to-mom group support during these sessions. If your experience requires more individualized or clinical support, referrals will be provided.
Photo Breastfeeding BW – © Alexhg1 | Dreamstime.com