If you are planning an extended vacation in one place or you are attending a long event, you can travel with cloth diapers without actually having to take your own diapers with you. Look for a local diaper service.
Though it is possible to fill your suitcase with dirty diapers and bring them home to wash (many of us have done this), wouldn’t it be more convenient to have someone else wash the diapers while you are busy all day?
Coming up in the next two weeks is the biggest baby product trade show in North America. A thousand vendors will be there, and many thousands of retailers will be shopping for new products for their stores. A lot of the attendees are parents who will have babies in arms. A lot of those parents use cloth diapers, so they want to find a way to continue using reusable diapers while away from home. Talking with some of these parents as they prepare to travel with babies, I have heard that they have plans to make travel much easier. They are using the local diaper service.
What a brilliant idea! (Because I didn’t ever think of it myself when I traveled.)
Most diaper services are able and happy to deliver fresh, clean diapers to your hotel when you arrive and pick them up when you leave. You keep your baby in reusable diapers, and you support the local economy where you stay. It’s a good deal all around.
Tips for Using Diaper Service on Vacation
- Look up a diaper service that delivers where you are going.
- Call the diaper service well in advance to make arrangements and reserve your place.
- Call your hotel to make arrangements for drop off and pick up.
- Bring your own covers.
- Bring a few of your own diapers for travel to and from your destination.
- Encourage the diaper service to leave a few pamphlets for the hotel to let other guests know about this option.